Shedd Aquarium is one of the Chicago’s best attractions. Shedd Aquarium is located on the shore of Lake Michigan. You will enjoy the under water world at the aquarium which includes Sharks, dolphins, jelly fishes and more than thousands of aquatic creatures at Shedd Aquarium. At Shedd Aquarium you will be able to do eye-to-eye with dolphins and walk with penguins.
Shedd Aquarium features following exhibits:
- Amazon Rising – At Amazon Rising exhibit, you will experience the ambient of Amazon rain forests. Be ready to look for anacondas, piranhas, spiders, crocodiles includes rays. Entire exhibit is overwhelming with rainforest like feeling. Even flooded treetops, plants animals at the exhibits are home for tetras, turtles and tamaqui.
- Caribbean Reef – Amazing 360 degree view of underwater reef let you enjoy and take a peek at sea turtle, moray eel, rays, parrotfish and sharks.
- Fantasea – You and your family will love the dolphins soar, belugas dance and penguins parade in Fantasea aquatic show.
- Oceanarium – Discover and enjoy the Pacific Northwest coast.
- Polar Play Zone – Kids will love their own Polar Play Zone. It is the coolest thing to play and love. I heard that the Penguins at Polar Play Zone feel the same.
- Waters of the World – Have fun and discover the self-contained ecosystems of Islands and lakes.
- Wild Reef – Thrilling experience getting close to sharks and exploring underwater pretty corals. And yeah, you will love the garden eels.
Discount or Coupon Detail
FREE Access With Go Chicago Card
– Skip the Line! Proceed to the will-call line to redeem your card for admission.
Cost without the Go Chicago Card:
Adult $24.95, Child $17.95
Operation Hours of Shedd Aquarium:
- Winter weekdays, Labor Day-Memorial Day: Daily 9:00 am-5:00 pm;
- Winter weekends and holidays: 9:00 am-6:00 pm;
- Summer: Memorial Day-Labor Day, Daily 9:00 am-6:00 pm.
- Closed – Christmas Day. All holiday hours are subject to change without notice.
Public Transportation to Shedd Aquarium:
You might want to consider taking CTA Red, Orange or Green Line, Exit at Roosevelt Road Stop.