Willis Tower formerly known as Sears Tower is one of the greatest attractions of Chicago. I would say that Willis Tower must be on your to-do list of Chicago Vacation or even for local people. Willis Tower Skydeck is located on 103rd floor giving heart throbbing 360 degree view of the city. If you are visiting Willis Tower Skydeck on clear day then you will be able to sight 40-50 miles of Chicago City, Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan. Yes, 360 view will let you experience all 4 states. Willis tower was nominated by Chicago Tribune readers for the “7 wonders of Chicago”.
Not only that, Willis Tower Skydeck also offers some amount of good quality Chicago history and role player of the Chicago history. Hi-tech telescopes are setup around the Skydeck to let visitors experience the city closely. Most thrilling activity at Skydeck is to experience the thrilling views from the Ledges. Yes, Willis Tower features glass boxes extending 4 feet off the building to experience the never seen before 1335 feet straight down views.
With Go Chicago Card, you can skip the line. When you go up to the level for ticket window, look for the Go Chicago Card express entry sign. You will save time with Go Chicago Card. Keep in mind that you might experience a line for elevator on busy days.
If you get hungry then you can eat at fine restaurants in Willis/Sears tower on 2nd floor. Augustino’s Rock and Roll Deli are well known places for the food. You might want to grab a cup of coffee from Starbucks or Corner bakery located in main lobby of the Willis tower.
Discount or Coupon Detail
FREE Access With Go Chicago Card
Cost without Go Chicago card:
Adult $12.95, Child $9.50
Operation Hours of Willis Tower Skydeck Chicago:
- April–September, 9:00 am–10:00 pm, last arrival 30 minutes prior to closing;
- October–March, 10:00 am–8:00 pm, last arrival 30 minutes prior to closing;
- Closed – Skydeck Chicago is open 365 days a year with the exception of severely inclement weather which is posted on the Skydeck Chicago website. They occasionally use the 99th floor instead of the 103 Skydeck Chicago when maintenance is required.
Public Transportation Options for Willis Tower Skydeck Chicago Visit:
- Use CTA brown, purple and Orange train lines: Exit at Quincy Stop & You will be right at Willis Tower.
- User Blue Line and Red Line: Exit at Jackson Blvd. Willis Tower is few blocks walking away.
- Use Metra Trains : Metra and Amtrak train stations are 1 and 1/2 block away from the Willis Tower Skydeck.